Multi-protocol IOT Gateway
CarKyo - RTK-GPS - Project L-3
- CarKyo is a low-cost self-driving car solution.
- Aimed at bringing self-driving technology to low-speed vehicles in a controlled area.
- This means that our main challenges are to find low-cost solutions.
- Typical applications of carKyo are in resorts like ElGouna
CarKyo - projects
- For the year 2019, we have few support projects that are essential for the overall project and complement the current developments.
- These are projects aimed at lowering the cost, enhance the overall solution.
- The projects are chosen to provide a real contribution to the system.
CarKyo - technical areas of self-driving cars
There are 4 main areas:
- Localization: Determining where the car exactly on the map.
- Detection: Detecting obstacles and traffic signs
- Planning: Getting the required destination and generating a proper path
- Control: Execute the planning according to the car dynamics
CarKyo - localization project - L-3
RTK-GPS - Project L-3:
- Today the GPS is not accurate enough. Typical precision is a few meters. The required precision is 10 cm.
- To compensate for that there is an RTK-GPS. Where one GPS is mounted on a fixed known position (stationary) and the car is equipped with another GPS (rotary).
- By communicating together, the car GPS can tell the error in the GPS readings and corrects it.
- Currently, CarKyo is already using an RTK-GPS. This project is aimed at replacing the current RTK-GPS with a homemade one.